It is the policy of Gopak Ltd to integrate environmental management into our day-to-day business activities and operations. We will manage our activities in a manner that protects the environment, the safety of our staff and public health.
This policy statement applies to all company locations and works performed by Gopak staff off location.
Guided by our policy, we recognise and will exercise our responsibilities on the following points:
1. Gopak Ltd recognises environmental resources management as amongst one of the highest of our priorities. Environmental considerations will be integrated into all business decisions.
2. We will operate our sites in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, in a way that is protective of the health and safety of our employees and the surrounding communities and environment.
3. We will annually review our environmental policy to ensure its suitability as well to ensure continuous improvement in our environmental systems.
4. We are committed to ensuring our operations are conducted in a manner that safeguards the natural environment.
5. We will select processes in such a way as to reduce or eliminate hazardous material wherever possible and prevent pollution.
6. We will promote a workplace in which all of its employees are correctly trained to comply with applicable environmental laws, regulations and procedures to meet environmental goals and to take personal responsibility for the environment.
7. Management at all levels are responsible for ensuring that this policy is adhered to by all employees and subcontractors.
Our current objectives include: